|Private or Trade||Private seller|
|Town/City||Near Nuneation / Hinckley|
|Post Code/Zip||CV13 0RJ|
** SOLD – DEPOSIT TAKEN **
Opportunity to purchase a unique and extremely well sorted Evora Launch Edition. This car was 1 of 1 produced worldwide in Quartz Silver with the full Oyster leather interior and its original 18/19” anthracite Forged alloys (also available but not included in the sale), and is probably one of the finest Evora LE’s in existence (please read on).
Evora Series 1 models have been rising in value significantly, and are a safe investment for many years to come – if you’re in the market for one, don’t leave it much longer! The Launch Edition was the highest specification Evora when it was produced in 2009 – all LE’s were 2+2 models with Premium, Sport and Tech Packs, and in my view things such as the extended leather on the sills, lower dash and doors really makes a difference, with the armrest too. The reversing camera, parking sensors and cruise control mean the car can easily be used for daily duties if desired. Xenon headlamps (with wash) provide superb visibility after dark. The Sport pack provides a sharper throttle response and increased rev limit for those spirited drives.
The car also has the factory Lotus Stage 1 Sports exhaust fitted (with titanium tips), which was an expensive option and sounds fantastic to my ears.
Only 32,000 miles and with full documented history. Last serviced in June 2020 (Major service, with all 4 fluids plus auxiliary belt replaced. Fresh MOT, expiring December 2022. Next major service not due until 2024! Certificate of provenance included detailing production stats etc – this was the 17th Evora to roll off the Hethel production line.
Sadly I’ve owned it for just 7 months – I am a true Lotus enthusiast, having owned 9 over the last three decades, and absolutely love the car. I had no intention whatsoever to sell, but unfortunately a family health issue means that having a manual sports car for our weekends away and touring isn’t going to work for us going forward.
Fitted with the very desirable (and expensive!) 19/20” forged wheels which have been freshly refurbished to factory standard in gloss anthracite – a nod to the original specification. These larger wheels make a big difference to the stance the Evora has, without significantly affecting the legendary ride quality. Tyres are the superb Michelin Pilot Sport 4S all round, fitted just a few months ago and with full tread remaining.
Last summer saw a huge amount of refresh work, painstakingly carried out to an extremely high standard. I am very meticulous and have worked through all the typical Evora issues, whether they be due to poor design or quality, to improve the car to such an extent that it is now better than new in many respects.
This has been fully documented also, please have a look at the TLF thread linked at the bottom of the advert (or contact me if the link doesn’t appear / work). Here are the highlights of what was done during the refresh (yes, there was more than this!):
- Dashboard removed to refit passenger airbag cover 100% flush to dash top; improved fastening method, refitted with all new cloth tape and foam (zero rattles)
- Stainless mudflap fixings fitted (it also has the stainless brackets)
- Headlights polished and PPF applied to protect from UV
- Powerflex ARB bushes fitted, front and rear
- Gear shift linkage fully adjusted and cables lubricated at both ends – now very slick!
- Kenwood Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto Head Unit fitted, with DAB, custom Evora startup screen and 2 x USB inputs in Glovebox
- All speakers replaced with Focal AS-165 3-way speakers (sounds sublime)
- Door cards and centre console trim removed and lined with cloth tape – no squeaks/rattles
- SilentCoat sound deadening added to doors
- Window regulators removed and waterproofed
- Clutch slave cylinder heat wrap fitted during major service (as per TSB 2011/29)
- High level LED brake light replaced with OEM part
- K&N panel filter fitted (improved induction roar)
- Ducting in engine bay from heat shield to vent replaced with new OEM
- Steering column spacer fitted to address common slack issue (as per TSB 2011/11)
- Driver’s seat side bolster restored to original finish and Oyster colour – now perfect
- Battery conditioner fly lead fitted (the charger is included in the sale)
- Carpet mats replaced with rare Lotus roundel type
- Rear light surrounds refinished to gloss black
- Brake disk centres refreshed
- Rear undertray refinished to satin black
- Tailgate gas struts replaced
- Wheel nuts refinished
- Glovebox light fixed with robust solution – will not fail again!
- LED interior & boot lights fitted (6 in all)
- New Launch Edition plaques fitted
- Gloss black vinyl wrap applied to sills and front splitter (can be easily removed to restore original factory appearance if desired).
In addition the car has benefitted from a full 4 stage machine polish, so other than the expected stone chips to the front bumper / clam, which are in line with the mileage, the bodywork is outstanding. The interior is in pristine condition (practically unmarked).
Includes both keys, original Lotus handbook, wallet, stamped service booklet, both keys, Lotus Certificate of Provenance, history file with invoices, MOT certificates, plus two original Launch Edition brochures.
Private plate not included (will revert to original 09 plate).
Always garaged and completely cherished – this car will be much missed !
Location – near Hinckley / Nuneaton.