Lotus Esprit S3 turbo with 3.0 V6 engine conversion
|Private or Trade||Private seller|
Selling my 1983 Lotus Esprit Turbo S3 project. The engine has been changed for a Jaguar AJ30 V6 from the S-Type. This engine is based on the ford Duratec V6 and makes 240Bhp in the jag. The original Lotus engine is unfortunately not with the car.
The conversion has been done by an engineering company in Yorkshire and is documented in a build thread here: https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/85536-s3-turbo-duratec-conversion/
The project was started by someone else and I bought it as a non-runner. I had the conversion inspected, engine serviced and then rolling road mapped at Northampton Motorsports. I fitted new Conti Premiumcontact tyres all round and fixed some issues wiht the brakes and electrics so I could get the car MOT’d. SInce then I have driven it about 700 “spirited” miles without any problem.
Mechanically the car has (touch wood) proven to be reliable. I park it in the garage and it’s ready to go for a drive the next day.
- V6 engine swapped.
- Sub frame modifed
- Gearbox adapter plate
- Ford ST220 inlet manifold
- custom exhausts (loud and sounds amazing)
- Emerald K6 engine management (mapped by Northampton Motorsports to 213 bhp)
- New tyres all round (Continental Premium-contact)
- Brakes work good (new pads bedded in)
- Gear shift works all gears
- Clutch works fine
- Engine professionally mapped on a rolling road and very driveable
Steel chassis was checked and painted with body off during engine conversionsuspension overhalled with purple polly-bushes all aroundNew spax height adjustable springs and shocks
- New lightweight AGM “motorsport” battery
- New radiator, fans and all coolant pipes renewed
- New brake pipes througout and new “green stuff” brake pads (now bedded in)
- bodywork and interior trim needs TLC
- windows lazy
- Windscreen wiper not working
- engine bay trim missing (due to engine conversion)
- Modification of engine bay bodywork to fit new engine
Any / all inspections welcome. Test drives possible with insurance.
Please contact me with questions, to get more photos or arrange a viewing.